If you are involved in civil engineering, it is very rare that you have not heard of STAAD Pro software in your academic or professional life. There are so many people who have heard of this software; however, you don’t have much knowledge about it. Therefore, our blog will discuss everything about the Stadd Pro, its features, capabilities, benefits, limitations and most importantly its use in construction.
The role of STAAD Pro in civil engineering
STAAD Pro is software widely used in construction. It has more flexible and advanced features than Auto CAD used in the construction industry. AutoCAD allows candidates to work on two-dimensional models; However, with STAAD Pro you can work on three-dimensional models. It requires less manual calculations, saving your time and energy.
The importance of STAAD Pro in civil engineering
- In recent years, STAAD Pro has become an integral part of structural analysis and design solutions, primarily using an open API called Open STAAD to access and manage programs with Visual Basic macros included in applications. In addition, Open STAAD functionality is used in applications that contain appropriate programmable macro systems.
- In addition, STAAD Pro has also added direct links to applications such as RAM Connection and STAAD Foundation. This provides support for engineers working with post-processing-related applications that are not directly handled by STAAD Pro itself.
- STAAD Pro performs schema analysis of the CIM Steel Integration Standard, Version 2, known as CIS/2, and is used by a number of modeling and analysis applications.
STAAD Pro goals in civil engineering
- With STAAD Pro, civil engineers can easily analyze and design building structures such as buildings, bridges, dams, canals, sewage systems, and flat land and outer space.
- STAAD Pro can generate loads such as wind or earthquake according to the building code of the selected country.
- With STAAD Pro, steel and reinforced concrete structures can be designed according to specific country regulations
- Can perform linear dynamic analysis (static and dynamic) and nonlinear
- Features a simple and easy to understand user interface that speeds up candidate learning.
- Stadd Pro is currently being developed by Bentley Systems Inc. Originally developed by Research Engineers Inc. in California.
- Stadd Pro is one of the earliest analysis and drafting software developed with an easy-to-use GUI and support for building code in various countries such as India, USA, UK and other developed countries.
Get certified with the Techhub Solutions STAAD Pro online software program and achieve your dream goals. Register today!